Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Autumn Day

The birds squak as I sit outside on my porch
The sky is cloudy and the sun has disappeared
Our stomach's are grumbling
Time for us to eat
Spending time with my best friend Karen
Just like the good old days when we were kids
We'd spend hours talking and writing poetry together
We used to write a lot of poems and stories
We have always had a love for writing
We were born with writing in our blood
My dog is outside with us
Enjoying this Autumn weather
And wanting our attention
As we sit here talking
I'm trying to inspire Karen to write again
It seems she has writer's block
Need to give her some inspiration
Writing is a gift, an art
Something we both have
Karen is tired of sitting around umemployed
She tells me how she wants to get a job soon
But with the economy jobs are hard to come by
Most of the jobs available require a degree
Seems not a lot of people have degrees these days
Student loans are outrageous
Debt you will be in after going to school

No comments:

Post a Comment