Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Poem I wrote about a dream I had, called Iraqi Dream March 20, 2011 at 6:00pm

I had a dream
Some may call it a nightmare
I would say it was more of a nightmare then a dream
Since the Army I’ve had nightmares
Nightmares are a reoccurring thing for me
In the nightmare
I was in the Army
Wearing my Army BDU’s
I was in Iraq
In the desert
The hot sun beating down on me
As sweat ran down my forehead
I was shooting Iraqi’s
One after another
The rag heads were dropping like flies
There was a house nearby in the middle of the desert
I quickly ran for cover and headed in the direction of the house
I ended up safely getting to the house
I was in my own house
I had my family living with me
Yet, in the dream it wasn’t my real family
I took cover near a window
Shooting and shooting my M16 through the window
I was killing these guys
I saw the hatred in their eyes
I saw their pain
They were being controlled by Sadam Husain
As was my parents were being controlled by him as well
We had become prisoners in our own home
I refused to become a prisoner
I was in the US Army
I was fighting for my country
I was fighting for my honor
I was fighting for my life
Fighting for our lives
I kept shooting
Shoot
Shoot to kill
That’s what I was taught in the Army
Shoot, shoot to kill
I never ran out of ammunition though
I had the blood of the Iraqi’s I murdered all over me
I was soaked in their blood
It was all over my face
It was all over my uniform
Their blood had splattered on me as I murdered them
In the cover of my home in the desert
As I murdered them and their blood splattered everywhere
No more of their blood was able to be splattered on me
I was too far away
My family sat there taking cover
I was defending us
Defending my own life
And my family’s life
I kept shooting Iraqi’s
Murdering them one by one
I was covered in their blood
Their limbs being dismembered
Their insides were all over me
Their brains went everywhere as I shot them with my M16
It’s as if there were millions of Iraqi’s
They kept coming from all around
And I kept shooting them one by one
Murdering every single one of them
Watching their blood splatter all over the place
Watching their limbs flying in all directions
Watching them being dismembered
Watching their eyes pop out of their sockets
Their brain matter ooze out of their heads
This nightmare went on all night
I eventually woke up
But since that dream I have still had nightmares like this

No comments:

Post a Comment